Eden Holistic Pet Foods are an independent, family owned company based in the rural countryside of Staffordshire. The company was formed in 2011 with the aim of producing foods that support the health and vitality of our own animals and has since grown and flourished into the business we have today.
As qualified nutritionists Eden have more than a keen interest in what we as humans eat and the effect that poor diet has on our health. Their approach has always been to educate their clients and support them using a natural holistic approach.
Eden's interest in animal nutrition came about after talking to local vet who was a keen advocate of “The Ancestral Diet”. The principle was very simple; feed your animal what they would have historically eaten in the wild. Both Cats and Dogs are carnivores and, although selective breeding means that they do not look like their wolf and wild cat ancestors, they share 99.9% of the mitochondrial DNA. In other words, from a nutritional perspective, todays pets and their wild ancestors require similar food.
On a Mission to produce a top quality food, working with animal nutritionists and vets, the aim was to make a dried complete food that mirrored the biologically aligned “Ancestral Diet” of our pets whilst using the very best nutritionally aligned ingredients.
As a result of this hard work, Eden is the first British pet food company to achieve the highest possible rating of 5 stars on the great dog food review site: www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk, where you will see useful breakdowns of what ingredients are beneficial for your dog, how brands measure up, as well as stockists for individual companies.
Eden has a very simple philosophy that is perfectly summed up in our tagline, “Supporting Animal Health Through Nutrition ™.” The core beliefs that form our philosophy can be found in more detail on our nutrition page, but in a nutshell we will always promise to:
- Produce only the very best foods possible that are 100% Natural
- Never use grains and cereals, animal derivatives, fillers, sweeteners or flavourings in our food
- Openly list all ingredients – including the amounts of the main ingredients that our food contains
- Use the highest level and quality of ingredients where possible from within the UK
- Use the ingredients listed, nothing more, and nothing hidden
- Use accurate descriptions and never use misleading information to hide the truth about the contents
- Never create misleading packaging with pictures of ingredients that don’t represent anything that is inside the package or use jargon to hide the truth about our food